What is an Importer of Record
An Importer of Record (IOR) is the entity or person in the destination country responsible for ensuring compliance requirements are completed and met. These include customs clearance, product classification, and the payment of duties and taxes. They are also the entity liable for all risks associated with clearing the goods.
TecEx is your complete IOR service partner. Our knowledge of global import compliance requirements is unrivaled and up-to-date, ensuring first-time clearance.
Contact one of the TecEx Team members for more information!
Why Should I Use a Professional Importer of Record?
- Mitigate your import risks.
- Deliver on your business requirements without needing to become an import compliance specialist.
- Fulfill your client’s DDP (Delivered Duty Paid) requests without any risk or responsibilities.
- Enjoy risk-free, professionally handled, and efficient shipping.
When is an Importer of Record Needed?
- You are shipping to a country in which you do not have a locally registered entity.
- Your local entity in the destination country is not set up for importing.
- Your customer/local entity refuses to act as the IOR for various reasons.
How Does the TecEx Importer of Record Service Work?
When using our Importer of Record Services, the clearance and filings are done in TecEx’s name. As a result, all tax payments and associated risks lie with us.
TecEx will source and complete all necessary compliance documentation on your behalf. We perform all pre-compliance checks to ensure first-time clearance and a hassle-free shipping experience.