International trade can be complex. Each country has different requirements that must be followed to be compliant with its customs policy. An Importer of Record (IOR) must always be appointed when importing goods to another country.
TecEx is your complete service partner for IOR logistics. Our knowledge of global import compliance requirements is unrivaled and up-to-date, ensuring first-time clearance of your goods.
Get in touch for a quote or learn more about importers of record.
What is an Importer of Record (IOR) Service?
As an IOR service, we take responsibility for the legal side of importing goods, helping to ensure you do not incur any unnecessary costs or penalties.
If you are planning to import goods on a global scale, an IOR service is essential. Unless you have a physical presence or representative with extensive import experience within the country you are importing to, you will not be able to do this.
With the TecEx IOR service, you can rest assured that all requirements will be executed in line with the law of the country you are importing goods to.
In our Importer of Record guide, learn more about what an IOR is, what they do and IOR responsibilities.
When do you Need an IOR Service?
- You are shipping to a country in which you do not have a locally registered entity.
- Your local entity in the destination country is not set up for importing.
- Your customer/local entity refuses to act as the IOR for various reasons.
- You are unfamiliar with the import process and customs requirements, and want to avoid unnecessary fees, delays or penalties.
Why Should I Use a Professional IOR Service?
- Mitigate your import risks.
- Deliver on your business requirements without needing to become an import compliance specialist.
- Fulfill your client’s DDP (Delivered Duty Paid) requests without any risk or responsibilities.
- Enjoy risk-free, professionally handled, and efficient shipping.
How Does the TecEx Importer of Record Service Work?
When using our Importer of Record Services, the clearance and filings are done in TecEx’s name. As a result, all tax payments and associated risks lie with us.
TecEx will source and complete all necessary compliance documentation on your behalf. We perform all pre-compliance checks to ensure first-time clearance and a hassle-free shipping experience.